This site is intended as a reference for Linux software raid as implemented in the latest kernel.
Linux raid issues are discussed in the linux-raid mailing list to be found at http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid
Please contact David Greaves if you'd like to help with this site.
There is an Overview section that is based on the RAID HowTo - this covers:
- Why RAID?
- Hardware issues
- RAID setup
- Detecting, querying and testing
- Tweaking, tuning and troubleshooting
- Related tools
- Partitioning RAID / LVM on RAID
The document is sprinkled with references to the deprecated raidtools which will be gradually removed.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Here goes a collection of frequently asked questions.
A mdadm-faq is available.
Areas Of Interest
- RAID Creation
- RAID Recovery
- RAID Administration
- RAID Boot
- SATA RAID Boot Recipe
- Preventing against a failing disk
- Editing pages
- Wikipedia RAID including description of specific Linux RAID types
- Kernel Newbies basic information about working on kernel
- TLDP Linux RAID howto somewhat outdated Howto with many practical instructions
- Linux RAID FAQ from 2003
- SATA RAID FAQ about hardware/fake raid cards
- linux-raid mailing list archives
See Spam Blocks for the spam restrictions on this site.